Summary: Created in 2005 (and acquired by EMC in 2007), MozyPro offers business backup for individual computers and for servers. EMC also offers Mozy Home for personal computer users, and MozyEnterprise.
Being part of EMC gives Mozy access to storage expertise and other resources. However, the per-computer pricing may be a concern for some prospects, along with the lack of Linux support, along with no mention of support for virtual machine environments. (Note: Parent company EMC also owns VMware.)
Multiple, globally distributed.
TYPE OF BACKUP:
• Remote: Incremental; scheduled or automatic
• local (Windows only) to external drive, via Mozy2Protect (http://mozy.com/backup/2xProtect_business)
• Can back up all open and locked files as well as common business applications running on Windows servers
• Per computer/gigabyte/month (see http://mozy.com/pro/server/pricing/ for specifics)
• For servers, additional monthly fixed “Server pass” fee
• No set-up fees
• Desktop: Windows, MacOS
• Servers: Windows 2012, 2008, and 2003 servers and Mac OS X 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, 10.5, 10.4; Exchange; SQL
REQUIRES: (hardware, software)
• “Data Shuttle” hard drive is shipped for initial backups of larger data sets.
• Client-side encryption (256-bit AES)
• SSL-encrypted tunnel
• Data center: 256-bit AES or 448-bit Blowfish
NOTABLE CAPABILITIES AND OTHER FACTS:
• Audits/Certifications: SSAE 16 audit, ISO 27001 certification
• Accessible via mobile apps (iOS, Android)
• Bulk upload via Data Shuttle hard drive
MozyPro is currently ranked #25 on the Enterprise Features Top 25 Enterprise Online Backup Solutions for Business Cloud Data Protection list.